London Collections: Men Facts & Figures
Menswear January 2013 - The Facts & Figures
London Collections: Men will take place from 7th - 9th January
- Over 60 menswear designers will show on schedule at London Collections: Men (LC:M) 7th – 9th January 2013.
- 30 ready-to-wear and accessories designers will exhibit their AW13 collections in the Designer Galleries at the Hospital Club, the central hub for LC:M.
- Internationally acclaimed brands Alexander McQueen and Tom Ford will present their mainline menswear collections in London for the first time this January.
- Heritage British brand Hardy Amies, who will also show their mainline menswear collection in London this January, move their show from Milan.
- Designers for AW13 include iconic British brands, Margaret Howell and Oliver Spencer; Belstaff, Burberry and Vivienne Westwood who will host presentations and Hackett return to show their second catwalk collection.
- Fashion Forward, sponsored by eBay Fashion and the Mayor of London, designers include Christopher Shannon, E.Tautz, J.W. Anderson and Lou Dalton.
- London Collections: Men will launch with an event hosted by David Cameron at 10 Downing Street celebrating London Collections: Men and British menswear.
- Tommy Hilfiger and Esquire, Alfred Dunhill, Selfridges, Harrods, Harvey Nichols and Mr Porter will all host events over the three days.
- A GQ London Collections: Men Dinner hosted by Sir Paul Smith, Tinie Tempah and Chair of London Collections: Men Dylan Jones, followed by a party hosted by Tom Ford, will close the showcase.
- Over 45 countries will be represented by international press attending LC:M and buyers from over 17 countries have confirmed attendance.
- Mintel estimates the men’s fashion market to have grown by 3.2% to £9.9 billion in 2011. Growth has been fuelled by a rise in the average selling prices of menswear. In addition, according to Mintel's research, the menswear market is anticipated to witness growth of 16% between 2011 and 2016. (Source: Mintel)
- In 2011, global menswear sales increased an estimated 9 percent to 24 billion euros, or $33.42 billion at average exchange rates, versus 22 billion euros, or $29.20 billion, in 2010. (Source: www.wwd.com)
- Men’s items now represent 50 per cent of the luxury apparel market, helped in part by male consumers in emerging markets, especially Asia, with China a major source of growth. (Source: BFC Future of Fashion Report 2012. (Bain & Company’s luxury goods worldwide market study, 10th Edition)
- The direct value of the UK fashion industry to the UK economy is £21 billion. (source: BFC Value of Fashion Report 2010)
- Fashion’s wider contribution to the economy in influencing spending in other industries is estimated to stand at over £37 billion. (source: BFC Value of Fashion Report 2010)
- The UK fashion industry is estimated to support 816,000 jobs and is the largest employer of all the creative industries. The sector also provides opportunities to minority groups to a greater extent than most other creative industries. (source: BFC Value of Fashion Report 2010)
- The UK fashion industry is similar in size to the food/beverages services and telecommunications industries and bigger than the wholesale and retail of automotives, sports activities, chemical manufacture and advertising/video sectors. (source: BFC Value of Fashion Report 2010)
- Major export markets are USA, Japan, Russia, France, Italy, Middle East, Hong Kong and China.
- The UK is renowned for having the best fashion colleges in the world.
- London Collections: Men is sponsored by American Express; Fudge; GQ; HOM; The Hospital Club; Lavazza Coffee; The Mayor of London; Mercedes-Benz UK; MRPORTER.COM; Nyetimber; Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel; TOPMAN; The Woolmark Company and Vodafone.
To see the full schedule of events, shows and presentations at London Collections: Men, visit: www.londoncollections.co.uk/lineup
‘Like’ British Fashion Council on Facebook for exclusive content www.facebook.com/britishfashioncouncil
and follow us on Twitter @BFC
London Collections: Men will take place 7th – 9th January 2013 at The Hospital Club, 24 Endell Street, WC2H 9HQ. The Designer Galleries will be open from 10am – 7pm daily.
For press enquiries please contact:
Will Rowley, British Fashion Council
+44 (0) 20 7759 1968
Image: Backstage at Lou Dalton, SS13
Search Press Releases