Mentoring Scheme Criteria
| EMILIO DE LA MORENA AW12
- Applicants should be emerging directors based in the United Kingdom.
- Emerging directors are here defined as current students, those who graduated within the past five years or those currently practicing film-making as a personal interest.
- Directors who already have professional representation with an agent or production company are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants may have shot paid-for commercial or editorial previously but must have no more than five years experience.
- Directors will need to fill out the online application form. Applications for SS14 are now closed.
- Directors will need to download the treatment template, complete it and upload as a PDF to the relevant area of the application form. Read the treatment notes by Stephen Whelan for guidance.
- Directors are asked to provide no more than three samples of video work by online link only. No physical submissions will be reviewed.
- The equal opportunities section must be completed, but can be anonymous. This will be kept and will not affect your entry.
- Read this season's mentoring brief by Roksanda Ilincic here.
- Once an applicant has completed the application form online, this will be reviewed and the candidate will be notified by email whether the application has been accepted.
- All online submissions to include a short treatment of no more than three pages. This must adhere to the guidelines or your application will be declined.
- Applicants may be asked to submit no more than three films and no more than ten photography stills, which will be considered alongside the application to reach the final shortlist.
- Those on the final shortlist will be invited for interview by the Fash/On Film panel. Following this stage of interviews, the final recipient is selected.
- Mentoring and film production will be awarded to one director, for one season.
- Ownership of the film will rest jointly with the BFC and White Lodge.
- The Fash/On Film panel includes key industry opinion formers and representatives.
- The panel is there in an advisory capacity only. There may be certain cases where the BFC feels a particular applicant may or may not be suitable for mentoring, and the BFC reserves final say.
Applications for SS14 are now closed.
For further information please contact:
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7759 1964