Rock Vault Application & Criteria
- Innovative fine jewellery designers working with precious metals and/or precious stones.
- Applicants should be based in the United Kingdom.
- Applicants should have an existing business of less than 8 years.
- Applicants should have experience with Production and Sales.
- Applicants must have a minimum of four stockists.
- Designers to fill out application form. Applications for autumn/winter 2014 are now closed.
- Designers to supply 4 signature collection images, lookbook and line sheet from your previous two collections via email.
- Designers to supply sketches of forthcoming seasons Collection where possible.
- Once an applicant has completed the application form, this will be reviewed by the Rock Vault panel of key press and buyers. You will receive a notification via email on our receipt of your application.
- Applicants will be notified via email on the results and feedback. Successful applicants move onto Phase two
- Guidance notes for submitting samples will be included in applicants confirmation email. Please do not submit samples unless specifically requested to do so.
- Applicants may be asked to submit up to 8 samples from their current collection, which will be considered alongside the application to reach the final shortlist. Successful applicants move onto Phase three
Applicants on the final shortlist are then invited to be interviewed with our selection panel. Following this stage of interviews, the final recipients are selected
- You will need to bring 8 pieces from your current season collection together with your new collections sketches, design mood boards and any other supporting material to present to the panel.
- The number of designers chosen varies from a minimum of 8 to a maximum of 12.
- Sponsorship is offered on a season to season basis.
- Cash sponsorship is awarded in the region of £1,500 - £3,000 to go towards Production of an installation at LFW within the dedicated Rock Vault area.
- A panel of judges is selected each season which includes key opinion formers, media, buyers and representatives from the BFC.
- Designers will be awarded 8-10 meters squared of space within the dedicated Rock Vault structure at London Fashion Week.
- The panel is there in an advisory capacity only. There may be certain cases where the BFC feels a particular applicant may or may not be suitable for Rock Vault sponsorship, and the BFC reserves final say.
Applications are now closed.
For designers wishing to apply for Rock Vault please contact:
British Fashion Council
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7759 1977