Criteria for Eligibility
• Applicants should have a UK-based business but do not have to be British
• Applicants should have been in business no longer than 3 years
• Applicants should demonstrate their ability to produce collections should they be selected
• The collection should consist of womenswear or accessories only; menswear or bridal wear will not be eligible this year
• Design duos are permitted to enter
• No samples, press material or look-books should be submitted unless requested.
There is a two stage application process:
Applicants will be required to provide the following information (via application form):
; A 500 word summary of how they see their business moving forward over the next 2 years and why they should receive the Launch Pad award
- A full list of stockists
- An overview of the existing business set-up, including designer’s training, organisation/staffing structure, annual turnover, manufacturing details, PR details, sales details: agents, price ranges etc.
- 2 industry based references. This should be a buyer, journalist, opinion former, professor or significant mentor.
- Once you have submitted your application form it will be reviewed and you will be notified by email if you have been successful at the first stage.
- If you have been successful and reach the second stage of applications, you will be invited for interview and will be required to submit 6 samples from your current collection for review by the selection panel. Please do not submit samples ahead of interview unless you are requested to do so.
2011 applications have now closed. For further information please contact Camilla Scott-Bowden.
For all enquiries related to the BFC/ELLE Launch Pad please contact:
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7759 1977