Fashion Forward Application & Criteria
| house of holland aw12
- Deadline for applications: November 9th.
- Those selected to the next stage will be invited to interview; you will receive notification by November 14th if you have been invited to the interview stage.
- Week commencing November 19th interviews will take place.
- Fashion Forward is open to both Ready to Wear and accessories designers.
- Businesses that have been established for three years or more.
- Designers interested in applying should be presenting their collection on-schedule at London Fashion Week, either received NEWGEN funding within the last three years or demonstrate that they are at a similar stage in their business development.
- Businesses should have a turnover between £300,000 and £1,000,000 although other businesses may be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- Applicants must have a UK based business but do not have to be British.
Designers interested in applying should contact Emma Campbell for an application form: email@example.com
Fashion Forward applicants will then need to return their application forms as well as the following by Friday 9th November:
| MARY KATRANTZOU AW12
Full business plan including:
- Short-term and long-term business goals and objectives.
- Current organisational structure (employees and roles).
Consultants, outside advisors and professional organisation that you are currently working with.
Your current brand positioning in the market.
- Three year plan for the business.
Last set of audited accounts and projection for current financial year.
A list of your current UK and international stockists.
A diversity monitoring form.
- A portfolio containing imagery and look books from your recent spring/summer 2013 collection and past 4 seasons collections s which may include sketches, photos, editorial images, advertisements and/or videos.
* All financial and business information provided to the BFC will be kept strictly confidential and will only be used in connection with the selection process and will not be used by any of the judging committee outside the selection process.
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be asked to bring with you:
- A presentation of your forthcoming AW13 collection plans including any mood boards, sketches, swatches.
Outline of your showcasing plans including format, proposed venue, team structure.
| louise gray aw12
Recipients of BFC Fashion Forward support are chosen by an independent selection panel of media, buyers and sponsors, which may change each season.
- Designers will be awarded cash support from £5,000 up to £20,000 to be used towards their showcasing production at London Fashion Week.
- Designers may receive venue support to show in one of the official BFC spaces, if this is suited to their showcasing plans.
- Designers should be open for sales appointments in London during the season that they receive support.
- Designers will have access to business support and mentoring from the BFC.