NEWGEN Application & Criteria
| DAVID KOMA SS12
- Applicants should be based in the United Kingdom.
- Applicants must have a minimum of two stockists. International sales are not required.
- Designers will need to fill out the online application form. Applications are now closed for autumn/winter 2014.
- Designers are asked to provide two industry-based references, we suggest that a buyer or journalist is a relevant referee.
- The equal opportunities section must be completed, but can be anonymous. This will be kept and will not affect your entry.
No samples, press material or look-books should be submitted unless requested.
| MICHAEL VAN DER HAM SS12
- Once an applicant has completed the application form online, this will be reviewed and the candidate will be notified by email whether the application has been accepted.
- Guidance notes for submitting samples will be included in a candidate’s application confirmation email. Please do not submit samples unless specifically requested to do so.
- Applicants may be asked to submit up to six samples from their current collection, which will be considered alongside the application to reach the final shortlist.
- Those on the final shortlist are then invited to be interviewed with our selection panel. Following this stage of interviews, the final recipients are selected.
| HOLLY FULTON SS12
- The number of designers chosen varies from a minimum of 14 to a maximum of 20. This includes both catwalk and exhibition stands.
- Ready to wear and millinery designers can show in the exhibition or on the catwalk: accessories designers can only apply to show in the exhibition.
- Sponsorship is offered for three seasons, occasionally a fourth is awarded. If a designer is only showing in the exhibition for the first season, then that season is not counted.
- Cash sponsorship is only awarded to those taking part in catwalk shows or presentations.
- A panel of at least 12 judges is selected each season which includes key opinion formers, media, buyers and representatives from the BFC and Topshop.
- The panel is there in an advisory capacity only. There may be certain cases where the BFC feels a particular applicant may or may not be suitable for Newgen sponsorship, and the BFC reserves final say.
For further information please contact:
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7759 1964